Updated: Sept. 27, 2022
We recognize it is a difficult time for our patients and their loved ones. These restrictions are very important for the health and safety of our patients and staff, and we appreciate your understanding and support.
Before you visit
All visitors must comply with screening and mask requirements when entering the building. Visitors with symptoms will not be allowed to enter, and visitors must wear approved masks for the entirety of their stay.
There is no in-person visitation permitted for COVID-19 positive and suspected patients.
At this time, hospital visitors are allowed based on the following circumstances:
- Hospital visitation limits are based on community transmission rates. Exceptions may occur to end of life.
- Visiting hours:
- St. Anne Hospital (2 visitors per stay) – Monday-Friday, 5 a.m.-7 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- St. Anthony Hospital (2 visitors per day) – 8 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
- St. Clare Hospital (1 visitor per patient, per day) – 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- St. Elizabeth Hospital (1 visitor per stay) – 5 a.m.-9 p.m.
- St. Francis Hospital (2 visitors per stay)
- St. Joseph Medical Center (2 visitors per patient at a time) – 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
- St. Michael Medical Center (1 visitor per day) – 5 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Virginia Mason Medical Center (1 visitor per day) – 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Fully vaccinated children 12 years and older may be counted as a designated visitor.
Any approved visitors
- Must go directly to a patient’s room — use of waiting rooms is not permitted. We encourage any approved visitors to coordinate their arrival and departure times.
- Must use the approved, designated visitor entrance
- Will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms
- Will be asked to complete hand hygiene upon entry
- Must wear an approved mask the entire time while inside the building, including in a patient’s room
- Masks must be tight-fitting and completely cover nose and mouth
- Visitors can wear their clean, well-fitted surgical mask, an N95 respirator, or KN-95 mask within VMFH facilities
- Cloth masks are not permitted at this time. Visitors with cloth masks will be asked to change into a hospital-provided mask.
- Are encouraged to maintain physical distancing (at least six feet apart from others)
Patients who do not comply may have visitation access revoked. Please contact the hospital or your medical provider if you have any questions about the visitor policy.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health/Franciscan Medical Group Clinic visitor restrictions
- Visitors are discouraged unless assisting a patient. Please contact your provider or the clinic with questions about their policy.
- All individuals must wear a clinic-provided mask the entire time while inside the building.
- Please contact the clinic before arriving for your appointment if you need of a COVID-19 test, or if you have COVID-19 symptoms. Symptoms and exposure guidance include:
- Shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Close, in-person contact with someone who has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus within the past 14 days
- If symptoms are severe, call 911 or go directly to one of our Prompt or Urgent Care locations or Emergency Services departments.